Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Steps...

Baby Steps! It became apparent to me as I contemplated taking on the role of national campus ministry coordinator that a website would be helpful in beginning to accomplish what I need to do. A big part of that is bringing people together in a forum where we can learn from each other and lift each other up.

Since I have zero tech skills or web know how, I have been looking closely at a ‘paint by numbers’ type of prefab website operation like http://www.advancedministry.com/. They are good people and do a good job. However, those who are in the know in our office have been encouraging me to explore open source software like http://www.wordpress.com/. Which, for what it is worth, is the home of this blogging site. What I am hoping to do, if our paoc server allows it, is grow this blog into a website. Consider this a “seed”.

Our General Superintendent Dave Wells refers to his vision for the paoc as ” a relationally based missional family”. It is hard to develop relationships with a standard, static website. I think you know what I mean. Relationships involve conversing, and I think we have a lot to share with each other. It is really important that we share the wealth of our experience and expertise with each other. There is so much good stuff going on all across the country which is often not known or celebrated outside of its area. It is time to change all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment