Friday, October 9, 2009

Compartmentalizing...?

When I was a new Christian, having encountered the Holy Spirit during the summer between my third and fourth year at the University of Alberta, I made a number of discoveries. One is that the denomination of which I would become a part of appeared to have no ( I mean no ) interest in the university at that point. 

 Another is that it seemed that I would have to choose between intellectual christianity and Holy Spirit christianity. They did not seem to be connected.


Fortunately I  do not believe either of those things any more. Nor have I for  quite some time. First, the paoc is taking very seriously its mission to the universities and campuses of our nation. That generation of leaders (who were perhaps anti-academic) has given way to another generation of leaders who are very aware of the role of the  university in our culture and who have it on their missional radar scope.

Next, the very premise my involvement in campus ministry from the beginning is that we would engage the mind full-on and walk in the supernatural. Apologetics and prayer ministry can work together.

There is no need to compartmentalize. God showed me long ago, in a series of events that I may share later, that He is a lot bigger than our boxes. He is, literally, bigger than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment